A bit of a mixed bag this week: a bit of rain, some gorgeous sunshine, some new lipsticks and an old faithful.
1. La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Anti-Shine Dry Touch Gel-Cream SPF50+ £14.00. I usually wear Clinique City Block SPF40 every day anyway, but over the weekend, the weather has been beautiful, so I slapped some of this on too. I put it over makeup and it worked beautifully. Sun protection is something really close to my heart, even more so recently for personal reasons, and every one I meet I am always urging people to wear sun protection every single day. Yes, even on days when it isn’t sunny. (case in point, I once went on holiday when I was younger (and stupid) to the Canaries and it wasn’t sunny AT ALL, just windy – and boy did I get burnt!). This sun cream is dry touch – meaning it isn’t greasy at all. It won’t make your make up run or slide. It is white, but blends in easily. I used this on Elsie too, when I forgot her sun cream, so it is sensitive enough for kids. Please, please wear an SPF daily from March-November (all year if possible!), but especially those months; having SPF15 in your makeup/daily moisturiser is not enough! La Roche Posay are excellent quality and reasonably priced for SPF. I use them for Elsie and I’ve recommended them to a skin cancer sufferer. I’d always choose them.
2. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm £24.95. A radiance boosting primer/extra step in your routine. I use this after moisturiser and before foundation. I use this about 10 minutes before applying foundation. It somehow (I’ve no idea how!) just makes my skin look nicer! It seems to make me look more awake and refreshed – and I’m all for that! Make up sits nicely on top and I like the way it makes my skin loo smooth. It is Clarins’ most sold product – so other people must agree!
3. Real Techniques Blush Brush £9.99. I’ve been hunting for a beautiful blush brush for a while and I’ve found it. This is gorgeous – fluffy, light, tapered and easy to clean. The Real Techniques brushes are amazing value and quality (look no further if you’re just starting out and want some decent brushes). This brush in particular dusts blusher very lightly on to the apples of the cheeks. It is easy to control the amount and it is fluffy enough to blend easily. I love it.
4. Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G LIPSTICK – COACHELLA CORAL £23.00. I’ve had my eye on this for a while and I’m SO glad I finally purchased it! Although it is quite a bright shade, it can be toned down with a nude lipgloss on the top, or it can be brightened with several coats. Whichever was I wear it, I love it! It is the perfect summery, daytime coral colour.
5. Charlotte Tilbury MATTE REVOLUTION LIPSTICK – LOST CHERRY £23.00. You can’t just buy one lipstick can you?! I am really getting in to matte lipsticks. They used to be so drying and clingy to the creases – how things have changed! This is gorgeously light, moisturising and not drying at all. The colour is a beautiful, less obvious, reddy colour – a bit similar to the Coachella Coral above, but matte and a bit bolder. I’m going to wear this to a wedding in a few weeks and I cannot wait!
6. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze £4.99. I have several of these and I always come back to them! They are so easy to use – one sweep on the eyelid and you’re done. Or, you can layer lots of other eyeshadows on the top. Great staying power, great colour choice and really creamy to apply. I put mine on with quite a stiff eye shadow brush and then blend with fingers. Sometimes I use this colour as an eyeliner – applied with a very small angled brush. Either way, I love it – and an amazing price!
7. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Dusty Rose 54. £17.00. I purchased this in a set of three BB lipglosses from The Cosmetics Store in Gunwharf Quays at Christmas. TCS stocks some of the limited edition products and end of line items (MAC, BB, Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Origins, Clinique) – all at discounted prices. My perfect kind of place! This gloss is a lovely, non shimmery colour. Pinks really suit me so I tend to wear them as my go-to shades that I can apply without thinking about it, or if I don’t have a mirror to hand: this is that kind of shade. Totally wearable, natural and flattering. BB lip glosses are quite sticky – so this is not for a windy day hair-in-lip-gloss situation. Other than that, nigh on perfect!
8. Charlotte Tilbury LUXURY EYESHADOW PALETTE – THE DOLCE VITA. £38.00. Quite a pricey item I know. I got this for my birthday last year. Charlotte Tilbury is a lovely, high end brand – realitively new to the market. CT is a leading makeup artist, known the world over; she even did Amal Clooney’s wedding make up! I picked this palette because all of her eye make up is designed around eye colour – this is a palette for green eyes, which I have. I love neutral browns anyway, and this is just stunning. Again, I’ll be wearing this at the wedding in a few weeks time. Gorgeous product!
LEFT: Bobbi Brown Dusty Rose 54 Lip Gloss; Charlotte Tilbury Matte Lost Cherry; Charlotte Tilbury Coachella Coral
RIGHT: Maybelline Colour Tattoo On and On Bronze; Charlotte Tilbury La Dolce Vita Palette