(Make up of the day – NOT Match of the Day as Steve thought it was……… ……………sigh. As if!)
I’ve worn make up twice this week (when I actually got out of bed that was). I have just purchased some lovely new bedding from The White Company, such is the relationship that my bed and I are having at the moment. And new pyjamas. Everything just seems so much easier to manage when you’re wallowing under the most amazing, soft, duvet and woolen throw. I actually got up once this week, had a shower, washed my hair, put clean pyjamas back on and got back in to bed. Maybe bedding is becoming my new beauty?! …
Anyway – two MOTD’s were completed this week. One lot was when I actually left the house with Elsie to go and make chocolate lollies – much fun was had by both of us! The other was just so I had a reason to get up. I wanted to test out a load of new lipsticks, and my whole face looks odd when I test a lipstick without a full face of slap on; unbalanced or something – so I had to put it on. I did feel better though – and when I’m wearing it I actually like the reflection in the mirror a bit more (it is only a head/shoulders mirror mind you – not full length!!).
Right – this is what I slapped on today for the chocolate lollies:
(order is as I applied the products) Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base; Bourjois Happy Light Serum Primer; Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue in Opal – applied with damp Beauty Blender; NARS Creamy concealer in Chantilly – applied with damp Beauty Blender; Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in 01; Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 51; L’Oreal Smokissime Super Liner in Brown Smoke; Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in Black; Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Ginger Pop; MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle; Collection Moisturising Lip Butter in Perfect Plum.
And this was the lipstick testing day:
No7 Instant Illusions Airbrush Away Primer; Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51 – applied with damp Beauty Blender; NARS Creamy concealer in Chantilly – applied with damp Beauty Blender; Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in 01; Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 51; L’Oreal Brow Plumper in Medium/Dark; Smashbox Cherry Smoke palette (middle right shade all over lid, top left shade blended in to crease, bottom middle shade along last line and in corner. All blended together); Max Factor Masterpiece Max Mascara in Black; Clinique Cheek Pop in Ginger Pop; MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle; Nuxe Reve de Miel lipbalm; Bourjois Rouge Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Plum Plum Girl.
A few comments about the above:
- In every MOTD from now until the end of time, you will always see me using the Charlotte Tilbury powder – it is my Holy Grail and I’m not using anything else. Ever!
- Of the two mascaras, the Maybelline is a bit more clumpy – but I like that look – I’d wear that on a night out. The Max Factor one is just as good but one that I’d wear to work – bit more subtle.
- The L’Oreal Smokissime liner is new – that was the first time I’d tried it. I’ll report back soon. Not sure yet…
- Smashbox Cherry Smoke palette is SO nice but one I’d completely forgotten about. I’m going to aim to use it for a good few weeks and play around with the colours.
- The MAC Mineralize skin finish is used as a highlighter – centre of nose, cupids bow, tops of cheek bones, brow bones. It is a bit shimmery, but as long as you’re not too heavy handed it is ok.
- I cannot get enough of those Bourjois Rouge Velvet Matte Liquid Lipsticks! They are amazing. The stain lasted well in to the evening – and it only came off completely when I cleansed and double cleansed with an oil based cleanser at about 11pm.
- Beauty Blender – oh how I love thee! This is SUCH a good tool for applying foundation and concealer – much better than a brush or fingers. You wet it first and squeeze it out as much as possible. Then you literally push (kind of ‘bounce’) the foundation/concealer in to your face – it makes the product go so much further and you don’t need to use as much. I haven’t used a foundation brush since I’ve used this. The pointy end is great for getting in to the corners of eyes and around my nose. It leaves no blending marks and looks pretty flawless. A really good buy – possibly HofF territory!…
Hope that was interesting … I’ve got to leave the house again tomorrow, so I might do another one if anything changes.