Christmas day was quite an understated day really. We all laid in until 9am – yes, Elsie didn’t want to get up until 9am! Thank the lord! Christmas lunch was at the parents and then we were back home in pyjamas eating Miniature Heroes and watching Mrs Brown’s Boys. Bliss.
I did decide to crack open the slap in honour of Christmas Day. I wanted a bit of a quick and easy but a nice bold lip look – it was only the parents after all! This is what I went for:
Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer / Boujois Nude Sensation Foundation in 41 / Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 1 / Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in SC-1 / NARS Creamy Concealer in Chantilly / Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Powder in 1 Fair / Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer / NARS Smudge Proof Eye shadow Base / No7 Stay Perfect Shade and Define Eye Pencil in Glistening Ray / Urban Decay Naked Palette – Sin, Toasted and Hustle (second from the left, forth from right, third from right)/ NARSissist Palette Blush in Enrapture (bottom shade) / Benefit They’re Real Mascara / So Susan Haute Light Highlighting Pencil / NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl
- The Pixi primer is gorgeous – perfect for making my skin look like it should have done when I was 16 – fresh, glowy and clear. It doesn’t have any correcting properties but it is shimmery and glowy and I love it!
- Bourjois Nude Sensation has been in my foundation box for about eight months and I’ve not touched it as I thought it was too dark, but actually it blends beautifully and is really pale (I know it looks scary dark in the pot!). It (weirdly for me) is a ‘silicony’ texture but I really like it as I can apply with fingers and it smooths perfectly. I read a load of reviews for this and they were pretty scathing, but I really like it! It has barely any coverage – it just evens things out a bit. If you like a barely there look with foundation then this might be perfect for you. I was having a good skin day on Xmas day (amazingly!) so this was ideal.
- No7 Shade and Define was just put in the inner corner of the eye to brighten/awaken the eye and blended along the lid with my finger. I wasn’t being too fussy with it really.
- The three Naked shades were literally slapped on.. Sin first as the highlighter shade, then Toasted on the lid and then Hustle with a thin smudge brush along the last line. Then a fluffy brush to blend it all together.
- NARSissist Palette – this is such a cute thing! There are the three blushes, lipgloss and then underneath there is Albatross (highlighter) and Laguna (the famous NARS bronzer). Enrapture blush is matte, as is Roman Holiday – the top one. NARS blushes are the best high-end blushes ever.
- So Susan Highlighting Pencil came in a GlossyBox I got in December. It is an American brand that I don’t think you can buy in the UK. It’s quite foolproof (just draw on your face really!) but I think it moves makeup underneath, so I’m not if I like this yet. I think I prefer powder highlighters (The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, MAC Soft & Gentle or the Charlotte Tilbury Bronze & Glow).
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl – my god I love this. It is such a bold, strong, Christmasy red lip. Perfect for Christmas Day. I applied at about 11:30am and it was still there at 3pm (having eaten Xmas dinner) and it was still there at 7pm when we cam home (albeit a little more patchy). The staying power is awesome because it is matte – but it is still so comfortable and wearable. I love this formula so so much.
And as usual (and especially on Christmas Day for some reason), I loved getting home, putting pyjamas on, hair up, bra off and taking all the slap off again! Cleansing it all off was even more blissful, for some reason!