I’ve not done one of these for a while and I actually got dressed and put makeup on yesterday, so I thought I’d make the most of the photos and put them up. Apologies for the close ups of my face – trust me, they are better to look at with loads of makeup on!
Cleanser: Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser / Acid: First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads / Hydrating Toner: Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist / Eyes: Hylamide SubQ Eyes Advanced Serum / Serums: Kiehl’s Powerful Strength Line Reducing Concentrate and Hydraluron / Moisturiser: MV Organics Rose Soothing Protective Moisturiser
- The Hydraluron is back – couldn’t live without it!
- The Tata Harper cleanser is beautiful. I’m in love!
- The MV Organics moisturiser I was going to chuck out, but I rediscovered it and really like it. Really nourishing but sinks in well.
Too Faced Hangover Primer / Bobbi Brown Stick Foundation in Porcelain / Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector in Extra Light Bisque / Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer in Porcelain / Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Powder (not shown) / L’Oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Dark Brown / NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base / Estee Lauder Little Black Lash Primer / Hourglass Ambient Edit Palette Blush – middle colour on the right side / Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Pale Pink / Charlotte Tilbury Bronze and Glow Palette – highlight shade / Bobbi Brown Sterling Nights Eye Shadow Palette / Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara / Dr Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips / Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Iconic Nude / Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in 03 Nude Shimmer / Hourglass Ambient Light Edit Palette powder – middle shade on left.
- The Bobbi Brown corrector and concealers are really good. I’ve been playing with them and they do make a difference to my eyes. The Bisque shade is peach toned and corrects the colour and the Porcelain takes it back to my normal skin colour. So far, so good! I have huge under eye circles so anything that somewhat improves them is good! I know some might think the photos below show them as being really visible still, but trust me, they are much better!
- The Bobbi Brown Sterling Nights palette is beautiful. It is a really weighty palette that feels really luxurious. The shades are all wearable and natural. I used Ivory (top right) all over the lid to neutralise any lid colour; Moon Glow (top middle) all over the lid; Dove Grey (middle far left) in the crease and Caviar (bottom middle) smudged along the last line and a < shape by the outer eye corner. All blended together. I like netural, every-day eye looks – nothing too dramatic, so I liked the end result of this.
- The Charlotte Tilbury lip pencil is meant to be one that you can re-shape your natural lip to give you slightly fuller looking lips. I’m not really a fan of that massively, but I did draw the line actually on the edge of my natural lip, so they did look a little fuller but not really obviously so. I fill in the lip with the pencil (which is matte and quite drying) and then went over with the Clarins Lip Perfector to give a gloss. I topped this up twice between 10am and 8pm, so not too bad.
In case you haven’t worked it out, I was having a bit of a Bobbi Brown day yesterday! I spent from about 8am-10am in bed watching videos on YouTube featuring Bobbi Brown makeup, so that spurred me to drag it all out of the cupboard. It is really good quality makeup and well worth an investment. I also follow some of the BB Pro makeup artists on Instagram – and they put some really great make-overs and product advice on there. (search BB pro to find them).
I know that this is a lot of products – but I put them all on at 10am and they were still looking good when I went out about 6pm – which was what I wanted. I didn’t want to faff about taking it off, re-applying later on. It did it’s job! Eye shadows were still in place, no flakey mascara, nice curled lashes. They only thing I touched up was the Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick on my chin – dabbed on and blended in with my fingers.
Ok – here are the face shots. Prepare yourself!
If it is any comparison – today I’m still in pyjamas and have no makeup on whatsoever! I cleansed my face with S&G Cleanser and slapped on Hylamide Eye Cream, Hydraluron and Bobbi Brown Extra Repair Moisture Cream and Tropic Lip balm. See, I can do simple skincare!!